Thursday, August 15, 2013
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
TOP 5 PRODUCTS FOR GREAT HAIR CARE
- Tames unmanageable hair, softens and smooths dry frizzy ends, strengthens roots with only a few drops!
- Makes hair smell good!
- Makes hair shiny and soft!
- Makes hair shiny and soft!
- No frizz!
- Strengthens hair!
- Strengthens hair!
RUSK SMOOTHING AND SHINING
- Polisher that doesn't make hair look greasy but it tames it!
- Smoothes cuticle!
- Eliminates frizz!
- Smoothes cuticle!
- Eliminates frizz!
IT'S A 10 MIRACLE LEAVE IN
- Leaves hair soft!
- Takes away unwanted frizz!
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Summer Hair Care Tips!
Tips from H-Salon to keep your hair healthy, smooth, and frizz free during the hot summer heat!
Summer is a great way to bring out and add high lights to your hair, but the downfall of the summer heat is that the sun can damage the hairs cuticle and result in dry, brittle, frizzy, and dull hair ends. The sun light can be just as damaging as regular heat styling products such as a straightener, blow dryer, curling iron, etc. So here are ways to make sure that your hair stays healthy over the summer:
- Replenishing beauty products- Prevent static electricity in your hair by applying a conditioner during your wash routine that adds moisture and shine. Alternatively, apply a "leave-in" conditioner after towel drying hair. Products that advertise with words like "replenish" are designed to add moisture to your locks. In contrast, the voluminizing and luminizing products are designed to add body and shine, but may not add moisture.
- Ban blow outs- If you normally blow dry and use hot styling tools every day, try giving your hair a break during the summer months. Consider letting your hair air dry or take time out from curling for a more natural hairstyle. Hair braided when wet will air dry into beautiful waves. Another way to make sure your hair will have a great all natural look it to ask you stylist to give you a cut that will air dry to perfection. BUT, if you are married to your blow dryer, be sure to use a leave-in conditioner designed to protect your hair when blow drying.
- Deep conditioner-On weekends or at night, dab a conditioner on the ends and frizziest parts of your hair. Pin it up or wrap it in plastic and sleep on it. Using this method will restore absent moisture that adds to the frizzie follicles. It will also prevent heavy conditioners from weighing down your hair, since the conditioner will only focus on the trouble spots.
- Don't forget the SPF- If you unexpectedly find yourself at the beach without a hat or SPF for you hair, use sunscreen made for your skin. When you get home, be sure and use a deep-cleansing shampoo. It may not be the best solution in the world, but it could very likely save your hair from sun damage.
- Tackle frizzy follicles-When the summer heat is hottest, contain potential frizzies by wearing your hair up in a knot, bun or braid hairstyle. This will help shield the majority of your hair. Be careful using shine products to control frizzies. They often contain silicone and can add an unhealthy coat your hair after just a few uses. This will only make the problems worse in the long run.
- Trim away dead ends- Be religious about your trims. Since summer heat can pump up the frizzies, make sure you have the ends trimmed every 6-8 weeks during the summer months. When your ends are fizzy, it's a sure sign that they are either damaged, split, or both.
- Use protection- Wear a hat at the beach, in your convertible or anytime you're out in the hot sun. Hair can get sunburned just like the scalp and the only way to correct severly burnt hair is by trimming, or chopping. So, prevention is the safest plan. Frizzy hair is ofter the result of too much sun time so hanging out in the sun without protection for your hair and scalp is the worst thing you can do. If you are unwilling to wear a hat and coverup, use leave-in hair products with SPF protection when you know you will be outside for extended periods of time.
- Be gentle- Hair needs to be treated extra gently during the summer months. Consider switching to a more gentle shampoo. Also aim to use hair products that are as all-natural as possible. Avoid any products that contain alcohol or formaldehyde, since they can be excessively drying and damaging to the hair. Consider washing your hair less often during the summer months to allow your hair to absorb more moisture and let it's natural oils soak in and heal your locks on their own.
All these tips can really help your hair stay strong during the summer, so stop by H- Salon and pick up some products that you can use to accomplish the hair you want! In store we have great products such as:
* it's a 10 collection
* milk_shake collection
* rusk collection
* deep shine oil/smooth collection
* simply smooth collection
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
1. Frizzy hair is dry hair. Because it lacks moisture its strands become brittle and break easily. Short, broken strands easily escape from any attempt to style them – every breeze, every swing of the head, every step you take makes them spring up.
2. Dry hair lacks weight. It has nothing to hold it down. And if your hair is curly as well as frizzy, its natural inclination is to sit away from the scalp.
3. Hair is prone to the most damage when wet. Avoid brushing as this will encourage hair to frizz, instead, use a wide-toothed comb to detangle and use leave-in conditioner spray.
Redken: ARE YOU A CLASSIC?
Just in time for Fathers Day, H-Salon got a nice treat for all the dads out there. The Redken ARE YOU A CLASSIC kit is a great gift to give. It makes the men's hair look clean cut and professional.
THE KIT INCLUDES:
- Maneuver Working wax
- Get Groomed Finishing cream
- Full Impact Bodifying Shampoo
TO STYLE HAIR WITH THIS KIT:
For medium hold, rub a small amount of maneuver working wax in hands and apply through towel-dried or dry hair. Comb hair into a side part. If you have coarse hair or want a lighter product feel, work a generous amount of get groomed finishing cream through damp hair to create a fast, more casual look with mild hold.
Come down and buy this Redken kit at H-Salon for the low price of $24. 95!
Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy
What is Keratin Complex Smoothing?
Keratin complex smoothing therapy is a product that infuses Keratin deep into the hair cuticle, eliminating up to 95% of frizz and curl and leaving the hair smooth, shiny, and luxurious. Results last up to 3-5 months depending on your hair type.
The more that you treat your hair with this product, the healthier it becomes. Each time that you use the treatment, your hair becomes:
- Easier and faster to blow dry
- Basically maintenance free
This treatment is great for the summer! Some of our clients get this done especially for summer time because it keeps the bouncy curls but takes away the unwanted frizz that comes from the summer heat.
The Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy encases the hair follicle with a keratinous bond to:
- Promote healing
- Protect from the heat and humidity
- Prevent environmental toxins from entering the hair
The Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy is gentle enough for all hair types: curly, straight, color treated, chemically processed, bleached, or highlighted.
Smoothing Therapy FAQs:
- How much time does it take to get the treatment? ALLOW A 2-3 HOUR WINDOW
- How many days after treatment, can the hair be wet or washed? MUST WAIT 3 DAYS (72 HOURS)
- What kind of shampoo and conditioner are supposed to be used following the treatment? KERATIN CARE SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER
- How often can this treatment be done? EVERY 4-6 WEEKS
Here at H-Salon, we are certified and specially trained stylists in the Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Methods. We recommend this therapy for everyone because it really is life changing and will make you love your hair!
Friday, May 31, 2013
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Today I was fortunate enough to have met a new addition to H Salon. Her name is Tory and she did my makeup beautifully! It came naturally to her, it was incredible! She knew the exact shades that would bring out my eye color and the right match for my skin tone. ..Thanks Tory!
What is it: A naturally luxurious neck cream that caters to the specific needs of the neck and decollete area to firm and improve skin texture and smoothness. This all-in-one cream locks in moisture to restore a youthful look while protecting skin from daily environmental stressors. This cream is safe for all ages and skin types. Why is it different: This all-natural, good-for-you cream goes on silky smooth without leaving a sticky or tacky feeling and instantly hydrates your skin. It's free of parabens, synthetic fragrances, and artificial oils. Your skin will love you for this!
Milkshake Color Maintainer Shampoo, new to H Salon, has been developed to combat dehydration and color fading in colored hair in order to maintain its beauty and health on color and structure, needs to be treated with specific products, both on the cleansing phase and on the after shampoo treatment.
The formulation of Milkshake has been studied specifically to maintain the beauty and the vitality of colored hair. The combination with Milkshake optimizes and increases its single action. Milkshake Color Maintainer Shampoo has a pleasant fragrance of sweet milk and leaves hair shiny, vital and soft.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Hello! My name is Michelle and I am interning at H salon for the next three weeks. I am about to graduate from Staples High School and finishing the school year up with this awesome opportunity to come to H salon everyday. I am very excited to pursue this interest of mine, I feel this would really benefit the salon and me as an individual. Can't wait to keep everyone updated with new specials and merchandise here at H salon!
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Looking for a way to cool down for those uncontrollable hot flashes? Or just want to stay cool on a blistering hot day? But still want to look stylish? Your solution is here....Hot Girls Pearls! Available in different sizes & colors!
Friday, February 22, 2013
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Season's Greetings from our family to yours!
A special greeting at this holiday time to express to you our sincere appreciation for your kindness and loyalty. We are deeply thankful and extend to you our best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season!
Sincerely,Marisa, Jackie & all of us at H Salon